A unified modern platform for shared access and remote collaboration.
Asahi Breweries required a massive consolidation project having recently acquired Plzeňský Prazdroj in the Czech Republic and a number of other European brewery operations. Principal took on this task, with the main goal of which was the consolidation of approximately 60 applications of the group for markets in the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania. The customer's request was to unify applications under one modern platform that would provide shared access, remote collaboration, UX, user support and unified management of IT solutions on a supported cloud platform.
Part of the project was the creation of a simple video guide to each of the migrated applications.
The entire project included, among others:
- Management of all activities from analysis, design preparation, development, modification of existing components to migration from various versions of on-premises SharePoint (2007, 2011, etc.) to SharePoint Online 2019
- Consolidation and rationalization of applications (as part of the rationalization, for example, 5 local DMS to one DMS)
- Preparation of a completely new intranet for the entire region and individual markets in SharePoint online
- Content migration for more than 200 Microsoft Collaboration Rooms and Sites, where the migration involved the transfer of more than 4 TB of data.
Microsoft technologies and tools that were used on the project:
- Microsoft SharePoint Framework,
- Microsoft Power Apps,
- Microsoft Power Automate,
- Microsoft Logic Apps,
- Microsoft Azure Functions,
- Microsoft Application Insights,
- Microsoft Graph Api,
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- and Microsoft Azure DevOps tool.
Due to the complexity, scale and end results of this consolidation project, Principal was recognized by Microsoft in 2019 as a Finalist for Microsoft Awards.